Team Best for Babes raised $25,000 in 2012-13 for the breastfeeding cause! We’ve wiped the slate clean for 2014 so you can join us for the hottest new fitness fundraising challenge to Beat the Breastfeeding Booby Traps® and Put Prevention First! Game on Booby Traps – GAME ON!
Team BFB Champions for Moms tell their nursing & training stories: Gabby Reece, Deena Kastor, Danah Bordner, Kelly Calway, Willow Rockwell.
See all BFB Champions for Moms.
What is Team Best for Babes?
Team Best for Babes is a nationwide, year-round, personal fitness challenge fundraiser. It is NOT a race. Anyone, anywhere, AT ANY TIME, can join or start a team, choose a fitness goal –run, walk, ride, yoga, stroll, tri, bowl, martial arts– whatever fitness activity at any level– and do their part to Beat the Breastfeeding Booby Traps® –the cultural and institutional barriers that prevent approximately 2 million moms each year from making informed feeding decisions and from achieving their personal breastfeeding goals, whether that’s to breastfeed, pump, use donor milk, or not at all.
Funds raised directly support Best for Babes’ groundbreaking programs, campaigns, and events, that change the way America views and supports breastfeeding and human milk, and help moms & babies to navigate and overcome the barriers– like our Campaign to Beat the Booby Traps® and our Harassment Hotline! We also share proceeds with other maternal/infant feeding nonprofits with whom we partner or designate as beneficiaries. Click Here to learn more about our programs and how your donations fund lasting change.
Who and what are we sweating for?
Moms and babies! To end the suffering and improve our collective health! Too many moms struggle and give up breastfeeding before they intended, full of guilt, blame, and regret — and it’s not their fault! They and their babies miss out on breastfeeding’s lifelong risk-lowering protection against a multitude of epidemic illnesses and are robbed of a unique and enriching experience that can’t be bottled. Team BFB is raising awareness of and funding to Beat the Booby Traps® and prevent other moms from the same fate! We’re also putting more miles on the front-end of prevention so we don’t have to put so many on the back-end of the cure! More rhubarb means less pink!
Who should join Team Best for Babes?
Moms, dads, grandparents, siblings, cousins, friends, EVERYONE! Whether you breastfeed or don’t, did or didn’t, this is a Cause worth us all fighting for! Breastfeeding and human milk are good for everyone’s bottom line– giving a super-charge boost to your health (and wallet!), your family, society, the economy, and the environment. Human milk is a prescription for prevention – providing both baby and mom with lowered risks for a multitude of physical and emotional conditions, illnesses and diseases that have reached epidemic levels. In the U.S., each year there are 911 preventable infant deaths associated with low breastfeeding rates, and costs $13 billion per year in excess health care and related costs. A recent study reports that helping moms to breastfeed to the recommended one year mark, could avoid 5000 cases of breast cancer, about 54,000 cases of hypertension and nearly 14,000 heart attacks annually! The estimated additional health care costs to treat those women total $860 million, and the total estimated economic cost to society for the 5000 premature deaths is $17.4 billion! This is a cause that can’t wait!
How Do I Get Started?
- To Register your own team, or to join an existing one, click here or on the green button at the top of the page. If you are starting your own team, you can set your sites on any fitness goal, including a race/event, or not. If you are joining an existing team, that decision may already have been made.
- To Register for our Virtual team join Team the BABE is BACK
- Prefer to participate in one of our special events? Join our Miracle Milk™ Mother’s Day Nationwide Stroll or Team We’ve Got Your Back, Babe! Nationwide Personal Fitness Challenge with Breastfeeding USA, Aug-Oct. See Upcoming Events below.
- Once you are registered you will get to create a a personal profile page to direct family and friends to share your passion, progress, and goals, and make it easy to raise money for the Mother of All Causes! See the FAQ’s for more about the fundraising commitment.
- Get some mojo & swag along the way to help you get your goal! Goodies care of our generous Alliance members, motivation, tips and tricks on Facebook /teambestforbabes! Once your minimum fundraising goal is met, you’ll get a Team Best for Babes Tech Shirt. Click here to view the current shirt.
- Have a local healthy infant feeding resource in your area you would like a portion of your funds to benefit? Talk to us!
Join us on Facebook: /teambestforbabes
Contact us @ email@example.com
Upcoming Special Events:
- First Annual Miracle Milk™ Mother’s Day Stroll — in parks and malls across the nation. Saturday May 10, 2014. More details coming soon!
- Second Annual Team We’ve Got Your Back, Babe! Event– August 1 – October 31. In honor of National Breastfeeding Month, join us for the second nationwide personal fitness challenge to urge America to back breastfeeding! Click here for info about the 2013 Team WGYBB!
Thank you for helping us to fuel the fight for a Booby-Trap-free environment!
Best for Babes is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit and the only consumer-driven mainstream cause for healthy infant feeding — the Mother of All Causes.
For more about our mission and credo and what we stand for, click here.