What We Believe (for more about our Credo, click here)
- Parents & caregivers deserve to be inspired, motivated, coached and cheered on! Parents don’t need to be judged or told what to do. Finger-pointing and judging only fuels the “mommy wars” and “breast vs. bottle” debate. Becoming a parent is tremendously challenging, and deserves empathy, compassion and respect.
- Parents & caregivers deserve to have access to positive, inspiring, and evidence-based facts so that they can make informed decisions about infant feeding. We are working to make sure that the information parents receive is free from undermining influences or conflicting agendas.
- Our focus is on making sure expecting mothers are prepared for breastfeeding, know what to expect, and have the tools to overcome any hurdles. We are mostly concerned with supporting the 86% of women who want to breastfeed to get through the 6-8 week learning curve so they can go on to nurse for as long as they desire, or have better access to donor milk, feeding at the breast, and breast milk alternatives if they can not breastfeed.
- Regardless of whether a mother breastfeeds for one week, one year, or not at all, her story has value in helping more mothers succeed and accomplish the breastfeeding goals they set for themselves.
- We believe in moms. We never forget that once we were squeamish about breastfeeding, struggled with it, and had to find our way. If we could do it, so can you . . . we’ve got your back, Babe!
- We believe that breastfeeding is a foundation of human health, and as such, is a cause that deserves significantly increased funding and resources.
Watch this video by Laura Keegan, RN, FNP about our nomination to the “Let’s Move” Campaign:
Did we miss anything? Leave us a comment and let us know!