We know you care about breastfeeding, and supporting moms. Would you like us to:
- Continue providing hip, mainstream, covering-all-the-basics breastfeeding advice, information and resources to expecting and new moms so they meet their personal breastfeeding goals, for example, Just 3 Things, The Learning Curve, Get Your Best Game On?
- Educate moms about the Booby Traps and how to navigate them through our ground-breaking Booby Trap series that covers everything from barriers you may encounter during pre-natal care to hospital practices that can set you back?
- Interview more celebrity moms so that we can inspire more moms and get excellent advice and resources into their hands? Our interview with actress Jenna Elfman reached over 10,000 readers in 24 hours and included info about lactation consultants and donor milk, making it practically a public service campaign.
- Build a celebrity cabinet that can act as role models, raise awareness of the barriers, help fundraise to replenish milk banks, and demand changes in policy and availability of care? Breastfeeding needs a Bono, Michael J. Fox, or Lady Gaga, and Best for Babes is the first to break that ground.
- Cheer on our 19,000 Facebook fans, 8,000 Twitter followers and 7,000 Cause members and update them with the latest news & resources?
Promote breastfeeding organizations like the InfantRisk Center, the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, ILCA, NABA, the USBC and work with them to develop effective strategies to strengthen the fight, all the way up to the U.S. Surgeon General?
- Put more of our powerful, provocative (and funny!) ads in publications like USAToday and Fit Pregnancy to educate the masses about the Booby Traps and to change the cultural perception of breastfeeding?
- Engage the media to change the conversation about breastfeeding, and stop putting pressure on moms and put it on the barriers instead?
- Defend moms and babies rights to breastfeed without being humiliated, harassed and discriminated against, such as our support of legislative change in Georgia?
- Make breastfeeding a true “cause” along the lines of March of Dimes, by having a mainstream brand, image, and powerful message that EVERYONE can get behind, whether they breastfed or not, to help moms and babies?
- Put the power of change directly into the hands of people and business through Team Best for Babes: Racing to Beat the Booby Traps and Put Prevention First, using the run/walk model that America loves?
- Educate companies, health professionals, the media, and foundation executives and key influencers about the WHO Code and why it is so important to provide evidence-based advice, positive messages, and refer moms for qualified help, leveraging peer pressure by recognizing them in our growing WHO-CODE alliance?
- spread the word that ALL moms deserve to make informed decisions, and to carry those out, whether that is to breastfeed for 2 days, 2 months, 2 years or not at all? That ALL moms should be cheered on, coached & celebrated?
If these things are important to you, then we need your help. We have been lucky to have wonderful corporate sponsors, but did you know that corporate sponsors only make up 15% or less of most non-profits’ support? Did you know that Best for Babes is run by a tiny staff of mostly volunteers? It’s up to you. Do you want us to continue the work we are doing? Your donation, no matter the size, makes it possible. Tell us what’s important to YOU.