Advocacy for Super Babes
Here are a few suggestions of ways to advocate for moms and babies to transform your community, rebuild the broken circle of breastfeeding and cheer moms on!
- Take Action on the Top Campaigns listed on our home page.
- Host breastfeeding events in your area: There are many positive events that gather breastfeeding moms together every year, between the Big Latch On and the Quintessence Breastfeeding Challenge, to name a few. Sign up to host one of these events in your community and reach out to breastfeeding moms. Band together and support one another!
- Mentor other moms to meet their goals: Put your passion to work for breastfeeding. Look into becoming a breastfeeding counselor through WIC, La Leche League, or getting certified through Health Education Associates. You can also become a leader of a breastfeeding organization’s support groups, such as Breastfeeding USA or La Leche League.
- Cheer ‘em on in private and in public: Give the “You Go Girl” sign to another nursing mom when you see her!
- Join your State’s Breastfeeding Coalition,