Care about moms and babies? We need your help!
To donate, click here.
Your donation of $5, $20, $50 or more has an exponential impact on Beating the Booby Traps®. Best for Babes goes far beyond feeding the man a fish or teaching him how to fish; we are revolutionizing the fishing (breastfeeding) industry so that more people want to fish (breastfeed) and are not being prevented from doing so by the barriers. (Think polluted waters, lack of social acceptance, poor equipment, uneducated teachers, lack of confidence, myths and misinformation)! What We Do:
- Educate moms, health care professionals and the public about the Booby Traps and how to navigate them through our ground-breaking blog series written by Tanya Lieberman, IBCLC. Since 2007, Best for Babes has pioneered shifting the conversation away from putting pressure on moms to putting pressure on the barriers.
- Digest and disseminate science news: There is unprecedented research on the breastfeeding and human milk, we ensure that this information is highly accessible to the media and the mainstream, multiplying the awareness of promising new studies and the power of mothers’ milk. We also dialogue with researchers directly to suggest new areas for research.
- Influence the influencers: We’ve engaged many key influencers about breastfeeding; including the heads of environmental funds and health marketing foundations, former ambassadors, news producers, anchors and medical correspondents, leading physicians, policy experts, government officials (including the U.S. Surgeon General), and of course celebrities: ensuring that the most powerful voices in the U.S. are harnessed for moms and babies.
- Provide evidence-based, inspiring, non-judgmental information to moms about breastfeeding and motivate them to succeed. Our celebrity interviews are chock-full of info and resources and are read by millions, influencing the way people view and support breastfeeding, and educating expecting and new mothers.
- Harness the power of moms: We reach more people than any other breastfeeding non-profit and are galvanizing a “babe army” to take action and demand an end to humiliation, harassment and discrimination against breastfeeding moms. Thanks to our mainstream image, brand and appeal, and our social media following and media partnerships, our call to actions are heard, shared and taken up by millions of advocates.
- Race to Put Prevention First: Our Team BfB is staking prevention and protection while integrating breastfeeding, for the first time, into mainstream cause awareness and the culturally accepted model for raising funds.
- Market & promote breastfeeding organizations and resources like the United States Breastfeeding Committee, the CDC, ILCA & USLCA (IBCLCs), Infant Risk Center, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, Baby-Friendly Hospitals, Certified Lactation Counselors, La Leche League, Breastfeeding USA, Kellymom.com, CIMS, HMBANA, Lamaze, Momsrising, Black Mothers Breastfeeding Alliance, the list goes on! We promote these resources in our blog posts, celebrity interviews, science news, booby trap series, and Facebook page. In fact, you can say that we are like a mini PR agency for the breastfeeding movement!
The formula industry spends billions every year marketing formula feeding; Best for Babes markets breastfeeding, donor human milk, informed decision-making, empowered parents, ethical providers, organizations, solutions, resources and cultural acceptance . . . all in a way that the mainstream can embrace and assimilate. We are a major catalyst in creating the tipping point in breastfeeding to bring about increased breastfeeding rates and less suffering among moms and babies, so that everyone can reap the individual, societal, and environmental benefits of breastfeeding, the foundation of human health. Your donation ensures that we can do the valuable and ground-breaking work we do.
Please mail checks to:
Best for Babes® Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 454
Little Silver, NJ 07739
Or donate now through PayPal: